- I'm told they are ordering up a fifth printing now.
- It's like Day of the Locust with King Dork out there in Hollywoodland. If I understood enough about the tales of intrigue and drama and general craziness to be able to relate them, I guess I might give it a shot. But I do not.
- Pin Monkey Press wonders: "What’s up with the lead singers of all of these Ramone-a-Clone bands becoming authors?"
- The NW dates and shows and what-not are shifting gradually. If you thought the appearance at Corvallis's Grass Roots Books and Music was on Friday, you're not alone. So did I. But it turns out it's on Sunday 5/21. Mark your calendars.
There's also some confusion as to whether my acoustic set on Thursday May 25 in Portland will be at the Twilight Room (5242 N Lombard) or the Twilight Bar and Cafe (1420 SE Powell.) I will let you know when I find out. The event at Reading Frenzy in Portland starts at 7PM. As does the "Portland Zine Symposium Humiliation Nation Fundraiser." We're gonna try to walk together, rock together, is what I'm saying.
There's also a chance of another Seattle show, and I think I may have managed to jump on a pre-existing show in Olympia as well. The whole list of dates as I currently understand them is here. More soon, I hope.
- Finally, please consider stopping by Books, Inc., 3515 California St. in San Francisco. Tonight, Thursday, May 11. 7 PM. "Not Your Mothers Book Club." They suggested I try to bring along some of my minions; I think I made a pretty good show of behaving like a guy who has tons of minions. (The key is insouciance, I believe. You toss your head in a certain way, as though you're saying "ah, minions, don't get me started," like you take your minions for granted, that they're a bit of pain at times, but all in all you find them rather charming and lovable in the end, despite the fact that you're always getting tangled up in them. In fact, though, I'm actually very uncertain about my minion situation at the moment. Seriously, minions aside, I'd definitely settle for a couple of ringers.)Posted by Dr. Frank at May 11, 2006 04:25 PM | TrackBack